Re: [Evolution] Previous/Next and the hilight bar

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 10:58 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 11:38 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 10:33 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 22:14 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

its called a cursor ... and works fine for me.

Ok, cursor.  Just like in a database...  Thanks.

although i have to say pressing the down cursor key is a lot easier
then trying to hit a button with an over-accelerated mouse cursor.

Ah, it sounds like you use a Three Pane View.

I use a Two Pane View, with "external email window"

ah, then it's not supposed to move the cursor.

In that case, I'll file a bug,

it's not a bug. this is the way it was designed to work (what happens
when you have multiple message windows open? which one does the message-
list in the main window track?)

each message-window has its own message-list (hidden) which it uses for
message navigation. it CANNOT be tied to the main window.

this is something that will be instantly WONTFIX'd.

 since it's very difficult to
eyeball which email (in the Subjct list) that you're on at
the moment.

then don't use the separate window. it makes no sense that you'd want to
use the main window's message-list anyway if you are using next/prev in
the message-window since presumably the only reason you'd use the
message-window is if you used it full-screen and thus you couldn't see
the message-list anyway!

if you aren't full-screen'ing the message-window, then what the heck is
the point of using it in place of the main window's view pane?

I have to compare Evo to Outlook, but...

Outlook does move the cursor when in 'Two Pane View, with
"external email window"', and it's very, very useful.

good for them.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast