Re: [Evolution] evolution and support for diverse exchange server setups

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 13:39 -0400, James MacDonald wrote:
We have about 7 or 8 exchange servers for the company.
The webmail (OWA) is available on 1 of the servers and
based on the domain/userid it gets the mail from the
appropriate mail server. In Evolution when I use the
OWA server as the exchange server I get an error
stating that my mailbox doesn't exist on that server
.. if I change it to use the actual exchange server
then I get errors about OWA not being installed. Is
there a config that I'm missing here ? Hopefully
someone else has had a similar situation.

Set your config to point to the OWA server again, and run:

        E2K_DEBUG=4 /opt/gnome/libexec/evolution/1.4/evolution-exchange-storage > /tmp/exch.out

(substituting "/usr" for "/opt/gnome" if you're not on SUSE, and
substituting "1.5" for "1.4" if you're using the Evo 2.0 beta.)

Then start up evolution, wait and get the error, and mail me
the /tmp/exch.out file with the debugging information.

If you are using 1.4, you might want to try 1.5 (2.0 beta). It's
possible that it will work better (and it will definitely give better
debugging output if it doesn't work...)

-- Dan