[Evolution] Mail folders corruption

Hi,

I am using Evolution 1.4.6 and the following happened today:
I accidentally deleted all messages from VFolders/Unmatched. With this,
all of my local folders became empty in Evolution.
However, in the ~/evolution/local directory, the mbox files still
contain the deleted messages.
I tried to re-import the mbox files into the folders but the messages
are still not there. The funny thing is that after the import, the mbox
file on the disk besame twice as large, so apparently the messages have
been duplicated.

Any idea how I can get my messages back into Evolution's folders?

Thanks,

Elek