Re: [Evolution] Spellchecking

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:51, Mark Gordon wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:35 -0400, Kelly J. Morris wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:16, Mark Gordon wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:14 -0400, Kelly J. Morris wrote:
How do I install spellchecking in Evolution 1.4.6 (SuSE Pro 9) for
English and, if possible, for French?

TIA Kelly Morris

9.1, I assume? That has 1.4.6, so I'll assume that's the version you
have.

No, I have 9.0.  When I go to Evolution> Tools> Settings >Composer
Preferences >Spell Checking, the window is blank and I don't have any
languages to chosse from.

OK, so you got 1.4.6 from us?

Yes.

You'll need the following packages:
gnome-spell2-1.0.5-211.i586.rpm
aspell-0.50.5-38.2.i586.rpm
aspell-en-0.51.0-285.i586.rpm
aspell-fr-0.50.3-323.i586.rpm

Are these the same for 9.0? Where do I load them from - the SuSE DVD?

If you're using Red Carpet (which is likely if you got 1.4.6 from us),
you can install gnome-spell2 (from the ximian-evolution channel),
aspell, aspell-en, and aspell-fr (from the SUSE Linux 9.0 channel) via
Red Carpet.  I think you'll need gnome-spell2 from us; I'm not sure the
version that shipped with 9.0 will work with Evolution 1.4.6 (though I
may be mistaken).  The others should be on the DVD.

Yep, I went to Red Carpet. Found that SuSE gnome-spell and Ximian
gnome-spell2 were already installed. Searched Red Carpet "Available"
stuff for aspell-en, aspell-fr, and aspell-pt; found them; and installed
them. Then went back to the composer preferences and clicked on the
language modules which now appear where the box had previously been
empty.

Now everything works fine in all three languages. I do like a
spell-checker that recognizes which language I'm using and applies the
appropriate dictionary without any effort on my part!

Many thanks! Kelly Morris