[Evolution] [1.5.92] S/Mime certificte import crashes evo

I try to import my thawte Freemail certificate into evolution to use for
signing and encrypting emails. But evo unfortunately crashes when doing
so :(

I have a file Personal_thawteFreemailMember.p12 that I exportet from
Galeon Web Browser. It seems to be the right file type - evo asks for
two passwords and on the second it crashes

all I get in the console is

importing pkcs12 from
`/home/jens/Documents/Personal_thawteFreemailMember.p12'

not very helpful.

Is the encryption stuff in any way connected to mozilla? I wonder
because mozilla crashes also when trying to import this certificate.

OTOH, it works with Galeon - the browser based on the same mozilla
libraries ...

is this s/mime import supposed to work?
What file do I need to import?

thanks