Re: [Evolution] Folder position in 1.5.7

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 14:31 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 12:04 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
I've noticed that, when entering folders in 1.5.7, while the cursor is
located on the last selected message, the view in some cases is at the
start of the folder, not where the cursor is located. For some folders,
though, the position displayed includes the cursor (and in the cases I'm
referring to, there is more than one "screenful" of messages in each
case).

So, for example, in my Evolution Mail folder (where there are over 4000
messages), each time I enter the folder, the right pane display is at
message 1 (sorted by Received Date, ascending), and I have to hit the
"." key to force it to jump to the new messages. In another folder,
GnuCash Mail, with 200 messages, it opens the folder at the cursor
position. Both folders have the same View set.

Is this something others see?

Yup.

I just searched Bugzilla and can't find a hit. Sounds like something
that would have been reported before, though... Can anyone from Ximian
confirm if it's been reported before I open a bug?

Thanks,

Des
--
Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support