Re: [Evolution] How can change mail title encoding?

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 10:44 +0800, Hongzheng Wang wrote:
Thank you for your help.
Does the next release, ie 1.6, will resolve this problem?
Not that i know of.

Evolution is an excellent groupware, but it is not suitable for
international usage. For example, my main language is chinese and
evolution has many problem on suporting chinese due to gtkhtml.

Why exactly?  Have you filed bug reports?  FWIW sending utf8 characters is entirely correct for international usage, except many old mailers don't grok it.  Its the only practical solution for internationalised software.

Many i18n issues are just bad interoperability issues.  Many russian and chinese mailers don't set the headers properly and 'just work' but not trying to interoperate with anything else.