Re: [Evolution] Forwarding email with images?

FWIW i was slightly mistaken anyway.

I did a lot of testing trying to find someone elses bug, and i found a problem with forwarding inline/quoted where inline images wouldn't show up in the editor, but they do show in the message when received.  This has been fixed.

But on below, if you forward an email but can edit it, then you can easily misrepresent what someone is claimed to have said, whereas forward attatched you get the full message as originally received.  Evolution 1.5 even lets you treat those in many ways as a first-class parent message (dragging, replying, etc).

Its sort of a netiqette thing ... and a message forwarded not as an attachment is useless for sysadmins (or developers) tracing mail (or mail user agent) problems or any machine parsing.

Hence it is evil! (which is why we do it the right way as default).

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 11:17 +0100, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 10:51 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> You need to forward as attachment (which you should be doing anyway).

That seems to be a general shortfall in most email programs that I've
seen - forward as attachment seems to be the only way to include images,
which then prevents the user from editing out all the redundant junk in
the forwarded attachment (signatures etc.). I find after a message has
been forwarded through a few people (all of who forward as an
attachment) the amount of redundant 'noise' in the message gets to be
huge.

Well done Ximian if the suggestion made by another poster of replying to
the message, changing the To: line and setting to HTML actually allows
editing of the forwarded message before sending on! :-)

cheers

Jules