Re: [Evolution] SMTP send problem

Ok, since this is not _MY_ server, but that of my ISP (SBC Telecom, formerly known as Ma Bell) I dont have much confidence in effecting any changes, but I will try to get to level 2 support; now that I'm armed with camel_debug output they wont be able to shut me down so easily!!

However, I did try using mozilla mail and opera mail and was successful at sending myself a test message - same computer, same wireless card, router, modem, and same account settings.  So it seems there may be something up with the way Evo is not comminicating well with the server, and the message I tried to send from Evo was not long enough to have caused a time-out while sending - it was only 1 or 2 kb in size (no huge multimedia attachments or anything).

Any ideas on next level of investigation?

RF

Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
Sent by: evolution-admin lists ximian com

04/09/2004 05:19 PM

RF <frosterrj sbcglobal net>
cc
evolution ximian com
Subject
Re: [Evolution] SMTP send problem

your smtp server is disconnecting evolution before it finishes sending
the message.

received: 354 go ahead
sending : \r\n.\r\n
received: 451 timeout (#4.4.2)

fix that, and evo will be able to send mail

Jeff