Re: [Evolution] Project Management with Evolution

Actually this is something I have wanted and thought long and hard about.

Can I make the following suggestion?

Based on the KISS principle; I think anything more complicated moves into
the project management program realm.

I would like four simple additional elements in Evo.

1) A separate field in tasks -- the project field -- that works exactly the
same as the category field.  It should have an editable project selector
exactly like the category selector.  If you wanted you could name and group
tasks by project and/or category or whatever other criteria is available.

2) A sub-task creator that with a button click on a task sheet brings up a
small lined page that lets you break down a task into smaller elements in
numerical order.  When saved it would check against existing tasks (by
project if chosen) and create titled but other wise blank sub-tasks
identical in every other way to a task.  You would then fill in the sub-task
sheets as appropriate.  This extra data base need only be one sub-task deep.
Your To-Do list could be expanded or shrunk to show or hide sub-tasks.

3) A vertical bar at the side of your daily/weekly calendar page that was
adjustable by mouse that showed time allocated for a specific task (or group
of tasks) but did not interfere with appointments etc.  The vertical bar
would show only that owners tasks.  Any adjustments required would be made
by mouse or by hand in the task/sub-task sheet.  Tasks assigned to others
would not be reflected in the vertical bar, but could be seen in the
deadlines talked about below.

4) A special tick mark and task title in the calendar that showed assigned
and personal deadlines.

Bill