[Evolution] SMTP Authentication Problem

Hello,

I've been having trouble sending mail to an SMTP server.  It fails when
trying on authentication.  The proper authentication type for this mail
server is cram-md5.  If I click on the "Check for supported types"
button it connects to the server and returns cram-md5 as the supported
type.  When I try to send mail I'm asked for the password which I enter
and then it fails.

I've noticed the the password dialog asks for the Please enter the SMTP
password for thisusera something domainname com   I wonder if it is
trying to pass this whole string at the username?

I know that the SMTP server works (I set it up and it's used daily by
our sales force).  If I use K-Mail it works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jeff Umstead <jumstead timlsoftware com>