Re: [Evolution] spell checker in toolbar?

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 15:15, guenther wrote:
Is there an easy way to add spell checking to the Composer toolbar?  I
just switched my wife back to Evolution (because it's the only GUI mail
client with decent Maildir support) and she's appalled that I wasn't
able to give her a one-click spell check.

I don't think, this is trivially possible.

What am I missing here... When I am composing an email (like right now)
in the composition window, under the "Edit" menu I have "Spell check
document" which is bound to the shortcut "shift+ctrl+l". So it is either
a three fingered "click" or a pulldown and click away. This is in 1.4.6
for sure but it has been in Evolution for a while as far as I can
remember.

If you meant you want a  "spell check now" button on the toolbar you are
going to have to hack .xml files to tweak the menu system. Apparently
doable but I have never gone there.

However, what about spell checking while writing the message? Have you
though about this, would this be an option?

Plus as guenther mentioned you can have "spell check as you type"
enabled, which happily is underlining misspelled words in whatever
colour you desire (red shows up very nicely :-)

cheers,
brad