[Evolution] RE: Unable to open addressbook

I get this message twice when I try to open Contacts.  Does anyone know
what path and permissions are needed?  I have looked and looked and
cannot find the problem files.

The message detail is:
'We are unable to open this addressbook.  Please check that the path
exists and that you have permission to access it.'

Obviously, I cannot access any contacts.  I have even gone as far as
logging out, renaming .gconf, evolution and several other hidden gnome
related folders, but I cannot get past this.

Thanks, Alex