Re: [Evolution] "Other" Palm questions

ons, 31.03.2004 kl. 22.50 skrev Lance Raymond:

Not sure if this is more a fedora or an evolution question, but just
setup Fedora on my new Dell Inspiron 300M and only have one problem.

There are no serial ports on the laptop!  I had no problems sync'ing
with my Palm3 on my old dell via serial, but I can see 2 options.

1 is to purchase a serial to USB device around $50, option 2 is
infra-red sync.  Did that a while ago using windows with no problems,
but not sure how to set it up on Linux as that device doesn't appear on
the conduit section.

It is turned on in the BIOS, but does the OS have to recognize, then it
will show as an option in Evo or do I need to tell Evo that I have that
device?

This rig is a Compaq 700EA  with no serial port, running RHEL3. I have
to modem :( It has a built-in *shitty* Conexant (or suchlike) HSFi
softmodem - I lived with that for =~ 18 months, then things went wrong
(new OS, new kernel, commercial driver needed).

It now has a Xircom "CreditCard GSM Modem 56-GlobalACCESS" PCMCIA
fax/data modem and works perfectly. In fact RHEL3's cardmgr assured that
it worked right out of the box on my next reboot). It cost €69,-
inclusive 20% tax, Hylafax software is free - I didn't get to have a Fax
with the HSFi softmodem.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl