[Evolution] Problem with category search and LDAP

I'm using evolution 1.4.3, and I've just set up openldap for storing my
contacts. I've moved all my contacts over to the LDAP server. One
problem I have noticed is that when I try to do a Category search
against the LDAP server from evolution, I get no results back. I checked
using ethereal and the LDAP search filter being sent from evolution is
(objectClass=MyBarnIsBiggerThanYourBarn). Now I enjoy a rousing session
of agricultural-structure-comparison as much as the next guy :), but
this isn't helping me sort my contacts based on category. Can anybody
help me out here?