[Evolution] Message thread auto-collapsing

Running Evolution 1.4.4 on Debian.
A few days ago I hit some key combination I can't recall, and ever since
my message threads keep collapsing on their own.  This seems to happen
even after I explicitly open them up.  New messages in a thread don't
even appear explicitly; I have to open the thread to see them (though
the thread is higlighted).

I can't find any explicit way to configure this.  What have I done, and
how can I undo it?

Thanks.

I am using threaded message list view.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 502-4031
530 Parnassus Avenue (Library) rm 115-4          ross biostat ucsf edu