[Evolution] Evolution doesn't tell me about new mail

Hello Everyone,

there's a funny thing with my self - compiled Evolution 1.4.4 (it has been
the same on 1.2.something and 1.0.8): I am receiving mail in my standard
UNIX
mail spool /var/spool/mail/... Now if I tell Evolution to work with this
mbox
- file it properly displays the contents when I first click on it. However,
when new mail arrives (i.e. the mail file is being ammended) it won't update
the "Table of Content". It is only if I click on any other folder in
Evolution (like Trash etc) and re - open the mbox file that I am presented
the
updated content of my mbox - file.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why it is not updating contents? Hitting the
"Send and Receive" - button is as futile as having Evolution check for new
mail automatically in 1 min intervalls. It strikes me that no one has
mentioned
this before. I am really the only old fasioned character around who is using
spool mbox files?

Regards

Andreas

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net