Re: [Evolution] problem with evolution reset to initial stage

Hi,
Le ven 31/10/2003 à 22:40, guenther a écrit :
I have evolution on a RedHat9 fully updated with up2date.

Everything was working fine until this morning.

I decided to install a new account. Everything went fine up to the end of the
setup. I clicked on close and then evolution froze.

I waited sometime and then used XKill. I forgot about killev.

when I started again evolution it froze, and then I used killev.

killev? Evolution 1.2.x?

yes why? my version is 1.2.2

I started again evolution that apparently was reset to the initial stage since
it asked me to enter a new acount before opening.

My folder evolution is still in home and still contains all (at list I guess) my
file.

How to get evolution to open my settings as before.

Just a really wild guess, but maybe some Gnome related demons crashed
(like gconfd, which is Evo 1.4.x only)? Have you tried logging out,
cleaning /tmp/ and probably restarting the machine?

no, I will next time.

I suppose, there is no NFS involved?
no

Also, you did not mention the Evolution version (well, at least I don't
know, which version RH9 ships).

fully updated RH9 contains evolution 1.2.2

If nothing else works, you should be able to set the account up again
and have all your Mail, etc. still there. I recommend backing up your
entire ~/evolution/ directory, though. HTH

all my files where there as well as the filters. What were missing were
the setting for the email accounts

in fact I solved the problem by using the config.xmlbd that I had from a
previous backup as my accounts did not change

The evolution crashed while I was setting up a new account so I guess
the file got erased

Thanks

Philippe