Re: [Evolution] browser - select different to handle links

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:06, guenther wrote:
As you didn't specify your Evolution version, the desired browser and
whether you have Gnome 2.x installed, I will assume Evolution 1.4.x with
a sane Gnome Desktop installed.

Ask again, if you are using Evolution 1.2.x, as the instructions are
different for a Gnome 1.4 desktop.

So here we go again with the most-wanted answer... ;-)

Setting default browser (Evolution 1.4 / Gnome 2.x)

Open the "Gnome Control Center" > Preferred Applications > Web Browser
or simply run:
$ gnome-default-applications-properties

 check 'Custom Web Browser'
 Command: gnome-moz-remote --newwin "%s"

This will present you every link (clicked in a Gnome 2 app) in a new
mozilla window. If you prefer tabs (instead of new windows) like me,
change it similar like that:

 Command: mozilla-remote.sh "%s"

Have the attached script in your path (or change the command to have the
whole path) and make the script executable.

If you want to use another browser rather than Mozilla, you have to
adjust the command (or the script for most of them, to enable tabs).

...guenther

How is this done in KDE? I've tried to adjust this via the KDE Control
Centre (file associations), but now when I click on a link, it doesn't
open any browser.

Thanks,

Des
--