Re: [Evolution] can't send mail with evolution

Am Mit, den 22.10.2003 schrieb Christoph Hermann um 11:36:
Hi!

I use Evolution 1.4.4 from debian unstable and i can't send mail with it. I always
get the error:

Fehler bei MAIL-FROM-Antwort: Syntaxfehler, Befehl nicht erkannt

this is the debugging output

sending : EHLO omatically by netbase upgrade)

received: 250-viefep11-int.chello.at
received: 250-HELP
received: 250-XREMOTEQUEUE
received: 250-ETRN
received: 250-PIPELINING
received: 250-DSN
received: 250-8BITMIME
This server supports 8bit MIME
received: 250 SIZE 25600000

Does this mean you want to send 25MB?

sending : MAIL FROM:<christoph hermann chello at>
received: 500 Command unknown: ''
sending : QUIT
received: 250 Sender <christoph hermann chello at> Ok

i see that there is a response from the mailserver "Command unknown: '' " but i can't see that evolution
sent
an unknown command.
I have this problem with all mailservers i tried.
Is there a way to make evolution ignore "500 Command unknown" or to figure out what evolution sends
to the mailserver?

thanks
christoph