[Evolution] Evolution on KDE

Hi,

I run KDE not Gnome as my desktop manager. However I have been using
Evolution for a couple of years and would like to continue using it.
The problem that I am facing are multiples.

1) When exiting Evolution, the process
/usr/libexec/bonobo-activation-server keeps running (which is fine), but
when I restart evo it doesn't bind to it or it seems and I loose my
summary. I get a bunch of error fetching info type of messages

2) Since upgrading to 1.4.5, my IMAP connection doesn't work as well.
Sometimes it will refuse to retrieve message (no error messages). It
will just sit there not getting the new messages I know are there (from
kbiff and the fact I have my own email server). I need to get out of
evolution, --force-shutdown, kill /usr/libexec/bonobo-activation-server
and restart evo. My IMAP server is courier-imap 1.6.2

3) Sometimes deleted message will not get crossed over until I switch
folders. Note all my folders are IMAP folders.

4) My shortcut bar has multiple groups. It used to be that when dragging
a message to a collapsed group, the group will expand showing the
folders underneath. Not anymore. When the group expand (which is not
always) the folder shortcuts are not redrawn.

5) Sometimes I loose the content of shortcuts.xml file. I don't know how
but I have had to restore that file 3 or 4 times lately. It goes back to
the default settings with no warnings.

6) Sometimes attachment icons don't show up in the compose window
anymore. The attachment is there but the icon is not shown. Just an
empty pane.

All those errors are not major but somewhat of a pain to work with. I
think some might be related to working on KDE but I am not sure. Just
thought you might like to know.

Regards

Pascal

--
Pascal DeMilly <list evolution newgenesys com>