Re: [Evolution] Success Syncing Kyocera 7135 Smartphone on SuSE

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 10:01, Ross Patterson wrote:
On Thursday 02 October 2003 10:30 pm, Paul Harouff wrote:
I think the problem is the USB cable. Apparently Kyocera uses a
proprietary pin setup which requires a proprietary driver that isn't
available for Linux.

Ah, yes, that would make sense.  How stupid of them - the "U" in "USB" stands
for "Universal" :-)

Good lubk!

Success! At least so far.

install devfs (compile devfs into kernel first)
link -s /dev/tts/0 to /dev/pilot
chmod 777 /dev/pilot
Connect cradle to the SERIAL port

Synchronization seems to be   r e a l l y   s l o w   compared to USB
syncing with my XP machine at work. But at least it's communicating now.
I'm happy.

I wish Kyocera included standard USB connectors. It would be great to be
able to sync my digital camera directly to my Smartphone.

Now to see if I can sync my GnuCash registers. I installed FreeCoins.
Now I have to figure out how to set it up.

Paul
Alexandria, VA