Re: [Evolution] Norwegian characters

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 12:42, Niklas Saers - Mailinglistaccount wrote:
Hi,
after installing Evolution from ports on a FreeBSD 5.1-system, I read my
mail. First mail I get I notice that all the norwegian characters are simply
left out. No replacement character, no gap, just not shown in any  way. How
do I enable Norwegian/alternative character sets?

I haven't heard of this problem before. Sounds like it's probably an
issue with the FreeBSD port.

Running "evolution" from a terminal window and seeing any errors that it
spews might reveal something.

There are a handful of places it could be messing up. Probably it's
either an iconv-related problem (not translating the characters to utf8
correctly) or a font error (not finding the right characters).

-- Dan