Re: [Evolution] death by "too many open files"?/emacs key bindings?
- From: "Phil Sackinger" <pasacki sandia gov>
- To: "Jeffrey Stedfast" <fejj ximian com>
- Cc: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] death by "too many open files"?/emacs key bindings?
- Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:03:45 -0600
On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 13:33, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
depends on what files are open I guess
At one point I heard folklore that Solaris NFS servers and Linux NFS
clients [Solaris 8; Linux = RH7.3] do not always reliably interact.
Might that have something to do with the problem?
On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 12:03, Phil Sackinger wrote:
I've noticed Evo 1.4.4 dying after, oh, about a week or so because of
"too many open files".
An "lsof | grep evolution | wc" gives me 6748 lines.
Lots of entries say "can't identify protocol".
an evo problem,
me with too many folders, or
a system limitation that I should fix (ulimit -n)?
On an unrelated matter, I'd like to get emacs style keybindings that I
enjoyed under Evo 1.2 and can't find in 1.4.
evolution maillist - evolution lists ximian com
] [Thread Prev