Re: [Evolution] Insert error

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
works fine for me... must be a bug in your libiconv then I suppose.

I guess what you mean is that evolution is relaying on some library
for the interpretation and conversion of input streams. However,
there is nothing called libiconv anywhere on my system. There is
a program called iconv though, which works perfectly. This program,
has to be given explicit information about what formats to convert
between. This means that there is some interpretation of the input
stream going on somewhere and the only place where I can see this
be done is within evolution. Is it possible that evolution ignores
what is set as the default file format? Even the command "file"
reports a file I tried to insert in evolution as "ISO-8859" text
but I guess "file" is not used for the interpretation.

        Roland Orre