Re: [Evolution] Synchronising laptop and desktop evolutions

On 11 Nov 2003 10:44:34 +0800, "Gideon N. Guillen" wrote

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 20:06, Tony Sequeira wrote:
Here it is.  Note the date and the total absence of response.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3311247&forum_id=12899

I also subscribe to the other list. The reason you don't have anything
working is that the correct way to sync calendars and contacts between
your laptop and desktop is to use the SyncML plugin, not the backup
plugin. So it would be:

     Desktop                                               Laptop
     evo_sync <-> SyncML <-> Net Connection <-> SyncML <-> evo_sync

Thanks for your answer.  The reason I don't have anything working is
because I do _not_ have any plugins available to sync anything, wish I
did.  I had figured out which plugins I needed after a lot of research
on my problem, but _whichever_ plugin I compile is NOT available in the
multisync window or new plugin dropdown list :(  However, I am all the
more determined to get this working, as you have just told me that it
does sync calendars and contacts, which I didn't know before.

--
Tony