[Evolution] 1.3.3 - Override server-supplied folder namespace

I've an imap account with all folders stored under "mail/", but this option under "Receiving Options" does not seem to do anything. Am I right in assuming that it is supposed to be similar to the "IMAP server directory" option (under the "Server Settings->Advanced" button) of Mozilla?

It seems to make no difference whether I turn it off, enable the option with "mail", "mail/", or even "~/mail/". Each setting will show all my folders under a top level "mail" directory.