[Evolution] pop failure

Hi, I use Evolution at work and at home. At work I'm behind a single firewall. At home I'm behind a NAT box ... and my brother's XP box with ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). At home I get timeouts ALL the time with Evolution but never with Outlook. I use SSL pop with login authentication. Again. It works perfectly behind one firewall but fails when behind ICS and firewall. Questions: 1) is there a way to set the server timeouts really low in Evolution? 2) why does Evolution refuse to close gracefully after a server timeout? It's like there is a background process that just hangs. Eric