[Evolution] Changing email address & Contact Lists

Recently, I had occasion to change a bunch of email addresses (our
company name changed).  After manually changing twenty names in my
Contacts (hey, wouldn't it be great if we could *easily* export, then
re-import, the Addressbook in an ASCII format?), I found that my Contact
Lists were not automatically updated to the new email addresses for
their members.

This, despite my having created the Contact Lists by drag-and-drop.

Apparently it was the developers' intention to have these Contact Lists
update automatically, but this is not working (Bugzilla #12026).  It
looks like the last time someone looked at this bug was Jan. 31, 2002.
If there are any developers out there looking for a nice bug to fix, let
me recommend this one highly.