[Evolution] gnome-pilot-applet

somehow in the midst of an upgrade via red carpet something has gotten
broken.  My pilot was synching with no problems, now it cannot even be
read.  I click the tools-pilotsettings and nothing happens that I can
see.

the gnome-pilot-applet appears to be what is barfing.  When I try to red
carpet it in, I get the following message.

Installing gnome-pilot-applet-0.1.69-1.ximian.1[Ximian Evolution]
There are no installable providers of =gnome-pilot-0.1.69 for
gnome-pilot-applet-0.1.69-1.ximian.1[Ximian Evolution]
There are no installable providers of (any)libpanel_applet.so.0- for
gnome-pilot-applet-0.1.69-1.ximian.1[Ximian Evolution]
Can't uninstall the to-be-installed package
gnome-pilot-applet-0.1.69-1.ximian.1
Marking this resolution attempt as invalid

I have evolution 1.2.3, red carpet 1.4.  What I think is happening is
that it updated gnome-pilot to 1.70. while the applet is still at 1.69.
Since the applet is looking for 1.69 it cannot see it.  Alas, the evo
ftp site does not have gnome-pilot-1.69 so I can't do a simple forced
install of it prior to getting the applet installed.

ideas on how to get my pilot working again?

(BTW, my setup at home, same version of linux etc, works just fine but I
have NOT updated the evolution.)
--
Roy Cabaniss <rcaban cabanisspc uamont edu>
Cabaniss Class