Re: [Evolution] automatic line breaks in Composer

Lines are automatically wrapped except for ones marked "Preformat",
which are left just as they are.  Right above where I'm typing is the
toolbar, and the second item on the toolbar usually says "Normal".  If I
move the cursor to your portion of the mesasge, it will be "Preformat",
and Evolution knows not to worry about or mess with that part of the
message.

I consider this a great feature.  When replying to people who use OTHER
mailers which fail to wrap the lines properly, the quoted reply text
often runs off the right side of the screen, one paragraph per line.

In this case, if necessary (for point-by-point replies, etc.), you can
simply go to each of those line-paragraphs and change the "Preformat"
flag to "Normal" -- Evo will automagically wrap the lines, adding ">"
marks as necessary

Meanwhile, you never have to worry about Evolution breaking long URLs or
wrapping any other text which you don't want it to wrap.

Eric

P.S. Ctrl-zero and Ctrl-7 are shortcuts for Normal and Preformat,
respectively.