Re: [Evolution] Running mail through an external program after reception

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 20:18, Jack Coates wrote:
On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 20:02, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:
Greetings,

Was wondering if there is a way to modify the ui files under Evolution
(1.2.2) to allow me to run an external program on a mail I have already
received.

I am running spamassassin 2.50 which has added Baysian filters and you
can teach the filters what is spam and non-spam.  I would like to be
able to:

-- Right click on a particular message and have an option that says
'Spam' which should point to "|/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam --single" or Ham
(non-spam) which points to "|/usr/bin/sa-learn --ham --single".

Right now I have to save the message to a file, then switch to another
window and run the commands by hand. This would be a great function to
have.

Not sure about Evo, but the spam-assassin mailing list has had some nice
discussion about how to set up fake mail accounts that you can just
forward stuff too. This could be done completely on your local box, no
need to recross the network or mess with ISP mail accounts.

I should clarify that the important part of the SA list discussion is
how to prevent the forwarding from mangling the message, and I seem to
recall that the trick is to make sure that SA makes suspected mail into
a mime attachment rather than mangling it directly.

Once that's done, you should just be able to put those two pipe commands
into your /etc/aliases and forward things to spam localhost or
ham localhost  Still you should see the SA archives as I haven't
actually been reading the threads closely.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...