[Evolution] 2 failed attempts to install 1.4 (What to Do?)

Twice, I tried to install Evolution 1.4 on line, only to be told that
there is a conflict:

Unable to complete RPM transaction:
file /opt/gnome2/lib/libgal-2.0.so.3 from install of
libgal2.0_3-1.99.7-0.ximian.7.2 conflicts with file from package
gal2-0-1.99.6-SuSE.ulb.1

I had no trouble installing Evolution 1.4 on my other (also SuSE 8.2)
machine.

This is a request for help in installing Evolution 1.4.

I wrote e-mail, as instructed on the error message, to
distribution ximian com   Is there a faster way to overcome the
difficulty without waiting for the people at distribution ximian com to
answer?
--
Dennis Tuchler <dtuchler earthlink net>