Re: [Evolution] Build Problems with Evolution 1.4

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 09:42, Pedro Gonnet wrote:
I'm trying to compile Evolution 1.4.0 from source. Somewhere in the
build, it stumbles over an undefined reference:
[snip]
/home/gonnetp/temp/evolution-1.4.0/shell/Evolution-Wombat-skels.c:148:
undefined reference to `ORBIT_SERVANT_SET_CLASSINFO'
[snip]
[gonnetp frey:~/temp/evolution-1.4.0]$

'orbit2-config --version' says

        ORBit2 2.7.2

Which is happily accepted by the configure script. Any ideas what might
be going wrong here?

It looks like you are using an unstable ORBit which doesn't work with
the skels from current stable ORBit.

You can try removing all the *-skels.c files and doing "make" again,
which should regenerate them properly for the newer ORBit.  (Although,
we probably shouldn't be shipping those files at all...  Hmm.)

However, I don't know if the new ORBit is going to work since we never
tried it and it's still in development...  If you want to play safe you
should downgrade to ORBit 2.6.

-- Ettore