[Evolution] Sympatico

I recently installed Evolution 1.4, on RedHat 9, upgrading from the previous Evolution 1.2.1 installation. I can no longer connect to my ISP's (Bell Sympatico) E-Mail server. I do not use SSL and there does not seem to be an article in the knowledge base related to my issue. I get the I/O from host, which I did not get with the previous version of evolution and I don't really know why. All my settings are correct, so this is really baffling. If I connect to an POP server which is not run by BELL, I can connect and retrieve mail no problem...its quite odd.

Anybody else having this issue or similar?

-Chris