Re: [Evolution] why is there no redhat 7.2 version of evo 1.4?

I'm also on Red Hat 7.2, and as a developer I can tell you it is a royal
hastle getting 1.4 on a Red Hat 7.2 system because it requires an
XFree86 upgrade, installing fontconfig, upgrading libfreetype, and a
bunch of other stuff. GNOME 2.2 just won't build without all this... and
in fact, I had to hack a lot of the sources to even get gtk 2.2 and
other GNOME 2.2 libs installed on my system even with all the upgrades.

My guess is that this is also a big reason why we (Ximian) do not
support Red Hat 7.2 anymore, it's just too much work.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.