[Evolution] Unable to retrieve mail after upgrade to XD2

I just upgraded my RedHat 9.0 to XD2. Unfortunately I'm now experiencing a problem with evolution.

Previously, I used the version of evolution that came with RedHat (I believe evolution 1.2) and had no problems with it. After XD2 got installed, it upgraded evolution to 1.4. New new evolution appears to work correctly, except when I press the "Send/Recieve" button to update the mail. The "Send & Recieve Mail" dialog pops up as before, but it appears to hang when it tries to recieve mail from my POP account. If I press the "cancel" button, evolution crashes. I know my POP account isn't down at the moment since I was able to access it via Kmail. I also don't appear to have any problem sending mail to my SMTP account via the new evolution, so at least not everything is broken.

I tried running evolution from the command line with the --debug option. This is what the log file says:
=========================LOG FILE BEGINS==========================
=========================LOG FILE BEGINS==========================
=========================LOG FILE BEGINS==========================
(evolution:3681): Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not find GNOME pixmap file /usr/share/pixmaps/help-chat-16.png warning: failed to load external entity "/home/rnd/evolution/config/storage-set-view-expanded:default"

(evolution:3681): evolution-shell-CRITICAL **: file e-storage-set.c: line 639 (e_storage_set_get_folder): assertion `g_path_is_absolute (path)' failed

(evolution:3681): Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not find GNOME pixmap file /usr/share/pixmaps/help-chat-16.png

(evolution:3681): evolution-shell-CRITICAL **: file e-storage-set.c: line 639 (e_storage_set_get_folder): assertion `g_path_is_absolute (path)' failed

(evolution:3681): camel-pop3-provider-WARNING **: Bad server response: DELE, LIST, NOOP, RETR, RSET, STAT, TOP, UIDL or QUIT

** Message: Galeon already running, using existing process

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem or diagnose it better?

Thanks for any help

--Robert