RE: [Evolution] Evolution and SMTP

OK, this also disappeared into the ether, I am therefore repoating it.

guenther wrote:
Any way of using SMTP delivery for incoming mail with Evolution?  I
cannot find one with 1.2.4.

AFAIK nope. Like any other MUA Evolution manges its local mail
folders on its own.

FYI: However, if you wanna pipe incoming messages to scripts or even a
local sendmail (not SMTP server), you can use the filters.

When using fetchmail to retrieve the mails from various POP3 servers,
you can use procmail and even a local SMTP server. This way, Evo is
not responsible for fetching mails from the remote servers.

What do you have in mind? What do you need a SMTP for incoming mails
for? Maybe we can think of other ways to accomplish that.

...guenther

Thanks for the reply.  It's not a big problem.  I'm loth to wait (even
a maximum) minute for Evo to scan my Mail folder.

Thinking on it, I see why it's not done, so no need to worry.

Cheers

--
Tony