[Evolution] [Ops] great calendaring summary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:47:36 -0700
From: Kees Cook <kees osdl org>
To: Operations <ops lists osdl org>
Subject: [Ops] great calendaring summary

This mirrors our own research almost directly:

http://open-systems.ufl.edu/projects/calendar/

The sad quote, however is:

 With the acquisition of Steltor by Oracle, there is no strong contender
for a dedicated calendaring product in the educational sector. I talked
with some Oracle sales representatives, who said that Oracle doesn't have
plans to sell CorporateTime as a separate product, although specific
technology may be incorporated into Oracle Calendar. (Oracle Calendar is
part of the Oracle Collaboration Suite, and is probably not suitable for
our purposes).

The loss of CorporateTime is a void which can neatly be filled by an Open
Source solution, especially one geared for large-scale deployment in a
University environment.

--
Kees Cook