Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.3.92 on SuSE 8.2

- fonts are MUCH CLEANER.

- the overall visual display is a little cleaner with many small
improvements.

yep, yep :-)

- Calendar appears to be non-functioning.  This is a big downer.  When I
click on Summary my upcoming appointments are shown, but when I click on
Calendar (day, week or month) there is nothing shown.  Is something
missing in the usr-local-bin version?

Seems to be a remaining issue from the 1.3.3 beta version. Does that
solve this issue?

The slider in the Calendar view just is set wrong, the Tasks take up all
the space. Just move the pane divider from the left and you will get
your calendar back.

- Contacts has an almost big improvement in the handling of web pages
and then a corresponding glitch.  Contacts used to merely record the web
pages but to go to a web page you would need to copy the web address to
your browser.  With Evo 1.3.92 there is a button next to the web address
in the contact editor that if clicked brings up Moz with the web page.
This is a nice feature, the problem is that none of the web pages that I
had recorded in Evo 1.2.4 have been saved to Evo 1.3.92. Further, if a
manually add a web address in the contact editor and then save and close
the new contact information the web is not saved in the contact editor.

- in Contact information I had extensively modified the Categories to be
able to sort my contacts on such things as
my contacts
my wife's contacts
company contacts
company shareholders
company suppliers
etc.
these categories are lost on the upgrade from 1.2.4

For me, only the contact list was reset to default values. After I
deleted all unwanted Categories (actually, all of them ;-) and
re-created my custom ones, all Contacts magically had their according
Category assigned back.

- the keyboard shortcut that I use the most in reading email is no
longer working.  The shortcut is that new mail is sorted as most recent
at the bottom and then when I read mail I can either type "]" which
keeps the email that was read and then brings up the next unread email
OR I would click "delete" and the read email was deleted and the next
unread email is viewed. For un-kept email the second option allowed me
to do 2 actions with 1 keystroke (delete and view next message). This no
longer works with 1.3.92.

Do you say, deleting a mail does not proceed to the next mail? Does for
me, as it always did.

To go to the next unread mail, just type '.' (for previous ','). For me,
both (,. and []) works.

caveat: Mandrake 9.1, Evolution 1.3.92 (Ximian), so YMMV

...guenther