[Evolution] POP password change is locking me out!

Hi Evolution-experts,

This is driving me nuts.  A while ago (about 2 weeks or so), I changed
my password.  Since then, Evolution appears to be re-trying my old
password repeatedly.  Eventually it tries enough times that a security
mechanism is triggered and my account gets locked out.  I have to then
reset my password, which unlocks the account.

Evolution is prompting me for the password, and I'm entering it
correctly.  Things I've tried:

Entering the password and unchecking the "remember this password" box.
Entering the password and checking the "remember this password" box.
Moving aside ~/evolution/private/config.xmldb and letting Evolution
re-create it.

If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd be eternally grateful.  I'm
using Evolution 1.2.4 on a RedHat 9.0 linux box.

Thanks,
Grant