[Evolution] ldap and contacts

Hi.

I'm currently using evolution 1.4.3 under debian unstable, and I have a
couple of questions regarding contacts.

Is it possible to store contact lists in ldap? I've got an ldap store
setup, using the evolutionperson.schema that ships with evo on debian.
Storing individual contacts works fine, but when I create a list and
move it into my ldap store, when I access it again it is treated as a
single contact with a bunch of xml for the email address. Is this
expected bahaviour, or ( much more likely ) have I got something wrong
in my setup?

Also, in contact handling, I have a couple of niggles. When saving a
contact from an email, is it possible to specify where you want to save
it other than the default contacts folder? And when creating a list,
some sort of lookup in the dialogue would be good, so you can lookup
your existing contacts.

Oh, and new mail notification STILL doesn't work for me, other than as
an explicit filter action. Ah well, I get too much of the stuff anyway
:)

Thanks in advance for any hints :)

Cheers,
Eamonn