[Evolution] Sieve support

Hi there,

I want to know if somebody is taking a look at support for Sieve
serverside IMAP filtering scripts in Evolution and/or if it's perhaps
already supported at this moment in a development branch.

If nobody is actually taking a look at support for this scripting
language I am planning to slowly start trying to get 'something' working
in Evolution (like, for example, a simple texteditor widget inside
evolution to edit the activated Sieve script and to submit it to for
example a timsieved in cyrus.

Later I would like to build a GUI like mulberry has or integrate the
filter-gui with the current filter-gui of Evolution or .. a convertor to
convert evolution XML-filter scripts to Sieve-scripts.

My hopes are to develop this using C# but I already asked Miguel about
the state of C# 'scripting' in Evolution and he told me that it is not
yet possible. Is it worth waiting for this support?

If at this moment nobody is doing Sieve support, are there others
interested in developing this? Should we form a group or should I
perhaps better wait for the Ximian folks to get this sieve support
started?

If I am going to do this, what branch of evolution should I target?
Where should I start? Where can I learn and where can I find examples of
Evolution add-ons or what is important for me to know about the code of
Evolution before I start? (I don't have much experience with the code of
Evolution but I do have enough experience with Bonobo, C, the GTK+ API,
Gtk-Sharp and C#, ... and I know that I can swallow code of larger
applications like Evolution)

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org