[Evolution] IMAP + SMTP issue: cannot send email

hi,

the provider for my domyin ja-web.de (with all my mail boxes) recently
offered to switch from POP3 to IMAP mailboxes

I converted my mailboxes on the server and changed the accounts in
Evolution 1.4.3 to IMAP. Now, reading mail, dealing with folders on the
emote server ... everything works fine.

Everything but sending email :((
(I compose this message in evo, store it in th edraft folder on my imap
mailbox and will send it later using mozilla mail at work)

with POP3 the sending worked fine. My provider uses something called
"SMTP after POP3" or so.

Sending emails does work using Mozilla on the same imap account.

So evo seems to do something wrong.

I just run a session with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1

This is the log from the "send mail" part:

sending : EHLO  lisaserver

received: 250-smtprelay01.ispgateway.de
received: 250-PIPELINING
received: 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
received: 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
received: 250-STARTTLS
This server supports STARTTLS
received: 250-SIZE 20971520
received: 250 8BITMIME
This server supports 8bit MIME
sending : MAIL FROM:<jens ja-web de>
received: 502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)
sending : QUIT
received: 250 ok

there is an "unimplemented" here ... that looks bad to me

any ideas?

thanks

--
Jens Ansorg <liste ja-web de>