Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 23:52, Anna Marie Dirks wrote:
Greetings Brett,

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 12:46, Brett Johnson wrote:

True.  Tabs along the top of bottom of the view do waste some vertical
space.  Of course currently (in the mockups you sent out), that space is
already being completely wasted with the redundant toolbar-sized "tell
me again which folder I've selected?" bar.

UI redundancy is absolutely not the same thing as a complete waste of
space. :) That information in the toolbar reinforces for the user which
folder has been selected. This is important information to provide,
because it make the interface more forgiving.

Fine then, as long as there is a way to turn it off...

I don't really care about "wasted" space when I work on a 1600x1200+
displays, but it matters very much at 1024x768 or less. At these
resolutions, every pixel counts unless the user enjoys scrolling
everything in sight.