Re: [Evolution] retrieving pop summary

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 05:05, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me more about "retrieving summary" process when
using pop account with stored messages (keep messages on server)?
It seems that evo is actually downloading every single message!

Retrieving summary, it only gets the list of messages.  If you have a
server which doesn't support UIDL, then we fake it by downloading
headers and generating a checksum from them (ignoring commonly changed
headers).

this is on evolution 1.4 on debian ppc, I recall that this has not been
happening only in evo 1.3.98

This last sentence doesn't make sense sorry.