Re: [Evolution] Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 15:25, Armin Bauer wrote:
Is there a way to change to Content-Transfer-Encoding?
Normally Evolution sends base64 encoded attachments.
We have partners who use old version of outlook which
obviously always assumes a 7bit encoding.

So when we sent a attached .doc and they opened it, it was
completely unreadable.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

upgrade the server ;-)

but seriously, base64 Content-Transfer-Encoding is one of the originally
defined encodings specified by the MIME specifications.

what other encoding would you have Evolution send? base64 is the only
encoding that can possibly be used for word docs (since they contain
binary data). You can't send word docs as non-encoded 7bit ascii.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.