Re: [Evolution] I need help syncing my Handspring Treo USB with Linux

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 20:42, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 12:31, ThinKer wrote:
One of the last steps in being "windows free" in my daily computing is
my ability to sync my contacts, to-do and calendar with my PDA.
I searched Google for "Treo USB to sync with Linux" and I found nothing
useful.

Does the unit show up in lsusb? Or in the Hardware Browser? Or the
Hardwaredrake?

1. 'lsusb' gives "Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000"

2. Mandrake Control Center-->Hardware--> USB Controller shows
(82371AB PIIX4 USB)

 I am running Mandrake 9 (2.4.19-16mdk kernel) on a 500 Mhz PIII with
256MB RAM. I am using KDE 3.0.1 Desktop, Evolution 1.2.1 and would
ultimately like to sync my Treo 180 USB with Evolution. I have Jpilot
and KPilot installed but I haven't been able to sync with either of
these programs.

My PDA is a Handspring Treo 180 (GSM phone/PalmOS PDA hybrid). The Treo
is running Palm OS 3.5. I use the USB connection to connect with my PC.
According to WebMin, my USB is set to start at boot and is currently
running. (MandrakeSoft, : usb,v 1.44) but I am not 100 % sure it is
running.

In any way have you been able to get any type of communication from the
PDA to the PC? Is there a facility for doing ftp on your PDA? (Not
familiar with the PDA you're using, sorry)

I am pretty sure it is NOT ftp capable, but I am not certain. Only
communication I can state is when I try to sync it, all the icons on my
desktop flicker 2 or 3 times...but then when it fails to sync and I get
the error messages, the desktop items stop flickering.

Any help/guidance/instruction on this would be greatly appreciated.
A step-by-step set of instructions from begining to end would be a
wonderful thing.

Thank you,

TP

I'd assume, mind you, ASSUME that being it's running PalmOS it's going
to be easier overall to talk to a  linux box...have you checked any of
the PalmOS sites for any possible fixes/patches or work-arounds?

Yes, and I couldn't find anything on point.

TP