[Evolution] Syncing Ev1.2 and Clie - summarized answers

Have you rund gpilotd in a terminal?
no - i am not sure what or how this would help explain the complete
nothingness that abounds.

I'm glad it works for you now, but just for reference: Running gpilotd
in a terminal might tell you what's wrong.  E.g. if I don't have
usbdevfs mounted, it'll say:

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.70 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server

gpilotd-WARNING **: Could not open /proc/bus/usb/devices - make sure you
have the usbdevfs properly configured and mounted.

And if I have the cradle configured as ttyUSB1, it'll say:

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.70 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/ttyUSB1)
gpilotd-Message: Watching Clie Cradle (/dev/ttyUSB1)
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=115200

gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to bind to pilot

while /var/log/messages will contain the line:

Jan 23 10:09:30 mx80 kernel: visor.c: Device lied about number of ports,
please use a lower one.

-R

--
Richard Zach ...... http://www.ucalgary.ca/~rzach/
Assistant  Professor,   Department  of  Philosophy