Re: [Evolution] Cannot create new messages

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 23:36, Trey Sizemore wrote:
I have Evolution 1.2.1-1ximian installed on a Libranet 2.7 (Debian Woody)
machine.  It has worked without incident since I installed it about a
week ago.  However, tonight I was in the process of sending a few
messages out and was copying text from one message to another (cut &
paste) when on about the second message Evolution froze.  I could not do
anything to exit the program and finally had to perform a 'killev' from
the terminal.  Since, that time I have started Evolution again (twice).
I can navigate my various folders (IMAP & POP) and view their contents.
However, when I either select a 'Reply To:' email link or select the
New->Mail Message option from the toolbar, Evolution freezes.  Any way to
recover from this without having to reinstall Evolution?

Thanks for assistance.

-Trey

More diagnostics might be useful:

1) It may be useful to run gnome-gtkhtml-editor-1.1 in a terminal window
so that you can see what it dumps to stderr.
2) Are you using LDAP?

Reinstalling Evolution is seldom an effective solution for such
problems, BTW.

-Mark Gordon